Delbert is a Leader in Protecting the Integrity of Our Elections
Delbert has a long-standing history of protecting the integrity of our free and fair elections in Mississippi.
As Secretary of State, he fought to implement a constitutional voter ID law requiring identification to cast a ballot. He also made it easier for our military servicemembers who are serving overseas to vote and helped clean up bloated voter rolls.
Under Delbert’s leadership as Lt. Governor, the Mississippi Senate voted to:
- Prohibit ballot harvesting;
- Allow the Secretary of State to perform a full citizenship check to ensure illegal aliens are not voting;
- Provide funds for counties to update equipment and move to paper ballot systems;
- Raise pay for poll managers and poll workers;
- Provide tools for clerks to better maintain accurate voter rolls; and
- Prohibit state and local election officials from soliciting or accepting private money to conduct elections.
Vote to re-elect Delbert Hosemann as Lt. Governor on August 8.