The Mississippi Senate Tax Cut Plan
The Mississippi Senate Tax Cut Plan:
- Provides true tax cut with no sales tax increase. Inflation is hurting Mississippi families and raising the sales tax will only put a bigger strain on stretched budget.
- Provides an immediate reduction in the grocery tax. The inflation rate is rising now and Mississippi families need tax relief now.
- Provides a guaranteed reduction in the income tax over the next four years. The Senate Tax Cut Plan does NOT depend on a complicated formula with growth triggers that may never occur.
- Is not reliant on one-time federal funds sent to the state by the federal government. Conservatives moved Mississippi away from using one-time money to pay for recurring expenses years ago and we don’t want to return to that.
- Still allows the state to invest in education, infrastructure, healthcare, workforce development and other vital government services.